Check this awesome Q & A with our October 2018 Athlete of the Month Matt Schwartz!
1. When did you start CrossFit and why?
I first learned about CrossFit in 2009 from a friend who said it changed his life. At the time I was competing in Olympic distance triathlons. In the summer of 2011, a box opened close to my house and I started doing CrossFit.
2. What time of day do you normally come in?
3. What is one movement you hate and one you love?
Love- Handstand push-ups
4. Any big goal(s) set for the next year?
I would like to nail butterfly pull-ups and muscle ups. (Working with coach Steven on this now)
5. Tell us one fun fact about you.
I have traveled to over 50 CrossFit boxes around the world.
6. You were left on a deserted island. What one food and thing (i.e. book, music player, etc…) would you want to be left with?
7. How has CrossFit helped you in sports? Life?
As an entrepreneur and business owner, the intensity of CrossFit keeps me healthy and mentally strong to compete in business and life.
8. How have workouts changed for you over the years?
I am less concerned about going RX vs getting the right stimulus from the workouts. In the last few months have increased my workouts to six days per week Five at CFW and one cycling with friends on the weekend.
Rate your skills: 1-10– 10 being your best.
Endurance – 8
Stamina – 7
Strength – 8
Flexibility – 7
Speed – 6
Agility – 6
Balance – 7
Accuracy – 7
Power – 6
Coordination – 7