Check this awesome Q & A with our January 2018 Athlete of the Month Jessie Weindling!
1. When did you start CrossFit and why?
I started CrossFit in the winter of 2015 because I ended competitive gymnastics and I wasn’t active for awhile so I decided to give CrossFit a try because I really wanted to gain my muscles back.
2. What time of day do you normally come in?
I usually come in Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday for the Varsity teen classes.
3. What is one movement you hate and one you love?
I hate squat snatches and I love squat cleans.
4. Any big goal(s) set for the next year?
I’m hoping to get strict handstand push-ups by the open this year.
5. Tell us one fun fact about you.
I’m in love with penguins .
6. You were left on a deserted island. What one food and thing (i.e. book, music player, etc…) would you want to be left with?
Watermelons and of course my phone.
7. How has CrossFit helped you in sports? Life?
CrossFit has definitely helped me mentally and physically. Being 4’10”, CrossFit has helped me gain confidence in myself. It has taught me to push past limits that i never thought I was capable of doing.
8. How have workouts changed for you over the years?
I am definitely not nervous to try new skills anymore and I have learned to strategize to make the workouts easier to get through.
Rate your skills: 1-10– 10 being your best.
Endurance – 7
Stamina – 7
Strength – 8
Flexibility – 9
Speed – 7
Agility – 9
Balance – 9
Accuracy – 8
Power – 8
Coordination – 9