Check this awesome Q & A with our August 2018 Athlete of the Month Liza Ramirez!
1. When did you start CrossFit and why?
I started CrossFit in 2012. I was tired of the big gyms and wanted to learn how to lift weights.
2. What time of day do you normally come in?
I come in either at 6pm or 7pm.
3. What is one movement you hate and one you love?
Hate- Wall Ball Shots
4. Any big goal(s) set for the next year?
My goal is always to continue to perfect my movements along with getting stronger. I also hope to one day get a strict muscle up.
5. Tell us one fun fact about you.
I love climbing. Whether it is a mountain, rock or ice but my favorite is definitely scaling frozen water falls.
6. You were left on a deserted island. What one food and thing (i.e. book, music player, etc…) would you want to be left with?
My mom’s chicken and rice plus a hammock.
7. How has CrossFit helped you in sports? Life?
CrossFit has help me evolve into a person whom enjoys many sports like biking, outdoor rock/ice climbing, mountaineering and my latest aerial silks. It also helps me to face challenges physically and mentally in and out of the gym.
8. How have workouts changed for you over the years?
I use to only concentrate on being as fast as possible but now I am more aware and concerned with the accuracy of my movements.
Rate your skills: 1-10– 10 being your best.
Endurance – 7
Stamina – 7
Strength – 7
Flexibility – 9
Speed – 7
Agility – 8
Balance – 8
Accuracy – 9
Power – 8
Coordination – 9