Check this awesome Q & A with our September 2017 Athlete of the Month Christine DeCollibus!
1. When did you start CrossFit and why?
I started CrossFit in May of 2014. Craig had already joined and I kept saying I wanted to do it too because it looked like fun. I was unable to join sooner because of my job but once I switched jobs I joined right away! I love its competitive nature and can’t imagine ever going back to a conventional gym.
2. What time of day you come in?
Usually about 5 minutes late to the 5 or 6 pm :). At one time I was a regular for the 6am…I miss those days!
3. What is one movement you hate and one you love?
Hate – Squat snatches
Love – Double unders now that I finally got them
4. Any big goal(s) set for the next year?
Stringing pull ups. I finally got my first strict pull up in July and now I want more!
5. Tell us one fun fact about you.
I’m a huge spaz when it comes to riding a bike. It is so bad even my 2 year old knows. I tried to ride a bike with her in an attached toddler seat and she started yelling “Daddy do it.”
6. You were left on a deserted island. What one food and thing (i.e. book, music player, etc…) would you want to be left with?
Food – sandwiches – I love all sandwiches
Thing – TV – I can zone out in front of the TV all day
7. How has CrossFit helped you in sports? Life?
CrossFit has made me a better runner, I have more stamina and have improved my pace per mile. In life it has given me less knee pain. I have had issues with my knees since I was 13 and since I started CrossFit I’ve had less knee pain due to strengthening my legs.
8. How have workouts changed for you over the years?
I used to primarily do cardio. Now I enjoy having some strength component in my workouts and have reduced my cardio only workouts to 1-2x a week.
Rate your skills: 1-10– 10 being your best.
Endurance – 9
Stamina – 10
Strength – 5
Flexibility – 1
Speed – 7
Agility – 3
Balance – 6
Accuracy – 4
Power – 2
Coordination – 8