Check this awesome Q & A with our October 2017 Athlete of the Month Maria Quito!
1. When did you start CrossFit and why?
I started about 5-6 months ago, and I always loved sports, and the challenge. I have been running for more than two years, and I wanted to try something new. I like the fact that it makes me do things that I’m not good at.
2. What time of day you come in?
Monday through Friday – between 6-7 pm and weekends 9:30 am
3. What is one movement you hate and one you love?
Double-unders and handstand push ups
4. Any big goal(s) set for the next year?
5. Tell us one fun fact about you.
7. How has CrossFit helped you in sports? Life?
8. How have workouts changed for you over the years?
I haven’t been CrossFitting very long, but there were a lot of workouts in the beginning I was afraid to do or to pick up a heavy weight, but now I’ve started to figure out which workouts I can really push myself on and which ones to focus on my form or specific skills.
Rate your skills: 1-10– 10 being your best.
Endurance – 8
Stamina – 8
Strength – 7
Flexibility – 7
Speed – 9
Agility – 7
Balance – 8
Accuracy – 7
Power – 7
Coordination – 8