Check this awesome Q & A with our May 2018 Athlete of the Month Caroline Graeub!
1. When did you start CrossFit and why?
I started CrossFit in 2013 in Dallas, TX with a really cheap Groupon. After “retiring” from triathlons, I still craved an intense sport and CF seemed like a perfect fit. I don’t train well on my own. The coaches, structure, and team atmosphere are indispensable.
2. What time of day do you normally come in?
6:00 am Monday through Friday, with Gymnastics on Thursday morning. There is a 50% chance I’ll be there on Saturday morning. There is a 90% chance I forget to sign in on Monday morning.
3. What is one movement you hate and one you love?
Love – HSPU and any gymnastics movements.
Hate – heavy KB swings (53#) and Snatches.
4. Any big goal(s) set for the next year?
Hand stand walks and stringing together butterfly pull ups.
5. Tell us one fun fact about you.
I’m crafty and love to garden.
6. You were left on a deserted island. What one food and thing (i.e. book, music player, etc…) would you want to be left with?
Steak – I can MacGyver a grill out of supplies on the island or use a large rock on which to sear it to perfection.
iPad – Pinterest is clutch for craft ideas… but that would require WiFi and a craft store as well.
7. How has CrossFit helped you in sports? Life?
Life – I have ADD so releasing all – oooo, a puppy – that energy in the morning is critical to working well during the day.
Sports – CF has helped me get in the best shape of my life, but my favorite part is achieving little goals and helping other athletes do the same.
8. How have workouts changed for you over the years?
Workouts have become more interesting over the years as I’ve started to set PRs. When I first started CF, it was just a good workout. It’s interesting to track progress and work towards your goals.
Rate your skills: 1-10– 10 being your best.
Endurance – 9
Stamina – 9
Strength – 6
Flexibility – 8
Speed – 6
Agility – 5
Balance – 6
Accuracy – 5
Power – 8
Coordination – 0