Check this awesome Q & A with our March Athlete of the Month Regina Salemo!
1. When did you start CrossFit and why?
I was going to another gym and was not motivated by the classes that were offered. I had several friends who were in CrossFit and told me I should try it. I was worried it would be too hard but I finally tried a class in July and I have been hooked ever since.
2. What time of day you come in?
3. What is one movement you hate and one you love?
4. Any big goal(s) set for the next year?
My goal is to try to increase my upper body strength so I can get better at pull-ups and push-ups.
5. Tell us one fun fact about you.
6. You were left on a deserted island. What one food and thing (i.e. book, music player, etc…) would you want to be left with?
7. How has CrossFit helped you in sports? Life?
I don’t play many sports but I feel better when I come to the gym regularly. CrossFit has also given me time that is just for me.
8. How have workouts changed for you over the years?
Before kids I could workout whenever I had time. Now I have found that I have to really schedule time to workout or else it wouldn’t happen. I try to block off the hour for Burn as often as I can so I can get my workout in.
Rate your skills: 1-10– 10 being your best.
Endurance – 6
Stamina – 6
Strength – 7
Flexibility – 8
Speed – 7
Agility – 8
Balance – 6
Accuracy – 7
Power – 7
Coordination – 7