February 2017 Athlete of the Month
Check this awesome Q & A with our February Athlete of the Month Sarah Friedman!
1. When did you start CrossFit and why?
2. What time of day you come in?
3. What is one movement you hate and one you love?
4. Any big goal(s) set for the next year?
As far as CrossFit goes, I would like to do Fran Rx. Fran was the workout in my first class after my on ramp, so it is a really good benchmark for me. I just got my first couple unassisted pull-ups the end of last year, so being able to do enough for Fran will keep me working on them.
Outside of the gym, I would like to finish up my actuarial credentials. I just passed my last of nine exams, so I am very close to checking that one off the list!
5. Tell us one fun fact about you.
6. You were left on a deserted island. What one food and thing (i.e. book, music player, etc…) would you want to be left with?
I would definitely bring my kindle. For the food, I would want the comfort of my mom’s chocolate chip cookies… either baked or the raw dough.
7. How has CrossFit helped you in sports? Life?
8. How have workouts changed for you over the years?
Rate your skills: 1-10– 10 being your best.
Endurance – 7
Stamina – 6
Strength – 5
Flexibility – 10
Speed – 4
Agility – 7
Balance – 9
Accuracy – 6
Power – 4
Coordination – 8
2017 02 06