Check this awesome Q & A with our August 2017 Athlete of the Month Teresa Vivancos!
1. When did you start CrossFit and why?
For over two years I kept hearing from my boyfriend about these exercises with crazy names (snatch, deadlifts, thrusters etc.)…and how fun it was. I was not convinced but I decided to try it and that was it… I loved it
2. What time of day you come in?
1 o’clock group; a great way to spend my lunch hour
3. What is one movement you hate and one you love?
Hate pushups, love squatting and I have a kind of love/hate relationship with wall balls. I like wall balls since I’m tall but they get the best of me every time.
4. Any big goal(s) set for the next year?
A couple of pull ups….but at this pace it’s more a life time goal.
5. Tell us one fun fact about you.
I went to college in Madison WI and I worked for Alliant Energy, the company that put its name on the coliseum where the CrossFit games were celebrated this past weekend.
6. You were left on a deserted island. What one food and thing (i.e. book, music player, etc…) would you want to be left with?
7. How has CrossFit helped you in sports? Life?
CrossFit shows me that is okay to be in discomfort, keeps me fit and of course the grocery bags are so much easier to carry.
8. How have workouts changed for you over the years?
Workouts are more rewarding now…I really don’t miss the step aerobics from the 90s.
Rate your skills: 1-10– 10 being your best.
Endurance – 4
Stamina – 4
Strength – 4
Flexibility – 8
Speed – 3
Agility – 8
Balance – 7
Accuracy – 5
Power – 6
Coordination – 7